NOVEMBER 19, 2016
H20 HOTEL MANILA
THIS YEAR’S THEME
“IMPACT: Laudato Si & Social Media”
It will be all about maximizing the use of social media to promote and protect the environment, our common home. Inspired by Laudato Si, an encyclical by Pope Francis, we are invited to reflect deeply on all points of human activity, whether we consider care for creation at the level of our individual choices or in the public square. The need for urgent action is clear and he appeals to us to become “painfully aware” of what is happening to the world and “to grow in solidarity, responsibility and compassionate care.” 210
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Social Media Summit is attended mostly by young professionals and religious from dioceses and congregations throughout the country, this year’s summit will be held at Hotel H 2 O Manila on November 19, 2016, with the end in view of keeping Church workers updated with the latest trends in social media as a most potent platform for advancing religious and social advocacies.
|7:00||Registration / Arrival|
|8:30||Opening of CSMSv5|
IMPACT: The Arena of Battle of Protecting the Environment is now on Social Media
|For Marine Life Advocacy:
Desiree Gestiada of Manila Ocean Park
– She will discuss Manila Ocean Park’s environmental / marine advocacies and how social media is also a big part of sharing these advocacies.
For Disaster Preparedness:
For Marine Science
For Responsible Mining:
|1:00||Launching: THE JUNGLE POST|
Leonardo Barua of Makiling Forest Reserve
– He will discuss the iTree program, their project where they allow tree planters in Makiling to monitor their tree via internet real time
|1:45||POLLUTION, WASTE and the THROWAWAY CULTURE
by Fr. Chito Dimaranan, SDB
TECHNOLOGY: CREATIVITY AND POWER
|3:15||PROTECTING OUR COMMON HOME
Speaker: Ma. Cristina Francisco, DENR
|3:45||CONVERGENCE: THE UNIVERSAL COMMUNION
Towards a New Lifestyle
Speaker: Ivan Roblas
#ACTPH: ACTIVATE, CONNECT, TRANSFORM
The Catholic Social Media Awards
The CSMSv5 is FREE!
Participants must have the following criteria:
- Young Filipino Citizen, practicing Catholic ages 14 to 39 years old
- Active internet or social media users
- Has an experience in any voluntary works or service
- A missionary by heart and/or a person with passion to communicate
- Ready, willing and capable to support the event’s activities and advocacies
Registration is open until October 21, 2016 (For delegates coming from Visayas and Mindanao) and October 27, 2016 (For delegates coming from Luzon).
Selected delegates WILL receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL once approved.
For more details, you may contact the Secretariat Team:
- Sarah Borja (0932-9380003)
- Charlotte Ramirez (0917-7370591)